29 things I learned in my 20's
Hey friends! In honor of my last day of my 20's I thought it would be fun to put together a post of 29 things I learned about myself and life in my 20's. So here it goes!
1) It's not all about you.
2) Don't take things so personally. (I am still actively working on this one!)
3) Happiness is a choice. (this one is a lesson from my Mom, thanks Mom!)
4) Surround yourself with people who exude the energy that you wish to have/already have inside of you. My Dad always told me- tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are. I find this to be so true. Thanks Dad!
5) Be open to other ways of thinking. Even if you think they sound crazy and you don't understand how their world views are so different than your own. That's what makes life so beautiful, we all come from different backgrounds and life experiences and that's what makes us amazing human beings.
6) Wash your face when you go to bed at night! I had an esthetician tell me once that every night you DON'T wash your face it ages your face by 3 weeks. Even if this isn't true it was enough to scare me into washing my face every night. So, wash your face!
7) Moderation is a real thing. Most things are ok in moderation. Don't deprive yourself because then you will end up resentful or binging on things you're cutting out. Moderation is the best way!
8) Get outside! Even if that means five minutes, make some time to get outside and get some fresh air.
9) Learn to set boundaries with everyone- family, friends, business, etc.
10) It's ok to say "no." It's a complete sentence. This goes along with #9.
11) Move your body! If that means stretching before bed, walking around the block, going to a group workout class, yoga, there are so many ways to get your body moving. Just move it!
12) You don't know it all. There is always room for growth and someone who is 10 steps ahead of you.
13) Find a mentor. Finding those people who are many steps ahead will help push you to be better and have someone to bounce ideas off of who have been there already.
14) Wear sunscreen.
15) Eat the darn cake! (see #7 for further details)
16) Read and educate yourself on things that matter to you.
17) Enjoy the little things.
18) Be grateful. An attitude of gratitude is a life-changing thing. Be grateful for everything that you have.
19) Dream and dream BIG! Don't you dare settle.
20) Quality over quantity. This applies to friends, fashion, and food.
21) Treat yo self! Life is too short. Buy the thing. Go to the spa. Don't feel bad about it.
22) The hard times make the good times so much better. As hard as it is, always remember this too shall pass.
23) People will always have opinions, do you and you'll feel 1000% better.
24) Choose kindness every single day.
25) Be positive! Positive mind, positive vibes, positive life!
26) Spend time with your family. Call them, hang out with them, be there for them and they will always be there for you.
27) Make time for the things that matter to you.
28) You are enough and you are worthy of everything you desire.
29) Find your joy and own your truth.
My 20's were such a time of growth and finding myself. I am so excited to enter a new decade and see what life throws at me. I'm ready! See ya tomorrow, 30!
All photos: Coldiron Photography